Having a website that enjoys a high volume of traffic has its perks and a lot of website owners desire to drive traffic to their website, maintain the traffic, and increase it. This has given rise to a lot of traffic generators; a lot of which are paid. For some people, paying for traffic generation is worth the cost when they consider the value they are likely to enjoy from it. However, a lot of people cannot afford the cost even though they desire the cost and the result. This article is an answer to that desire. In this article, we will discuss how to increase traffic on your website for free.
What is the benefit of Website Traffic?
The way an organization’s profit is used to measure how successful it is and how well it is growing, that is the same way website traffic is the measuring stick and an indicator of success and growth. With your website traffic, you can:
- Monitor the impact of your marketing and advertising. With an increase or decrease in traffic, you will be able to determine the effectiveness of your marketing
- Predict and understand your audience and what they need. This will guide you in determining what to put on your website.
- Increase how trusted your website is. Increased traffic also improves your credibility and your Search Engine Optimization.
- It generally increases your viewers
Any traffic or Authentic traffic
There are various methods to drive traffic to your website but how authentic are they? It is not enough to increase the traffic on your website but there are other things to consider that will give you qualitative and retainable traffic. Indeed, getting traffic to your website would significantly increase and improve your site rank and consequently generate even more traffic. Your focus, however, should not be on just increasing traffic but also on improving how well you engage those who visit your website. An increase in engagement will increase your traffic and increase your conversion rates. Therefore, any increase in traffic that does not impact your conversion rate is not authentic.
Free Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Drive Traffic to Your Website with SEO
To increase traffic on your website, you have to pay extra attention to Search Engine Optimization. The right SEO strategies combined with a great mastery of the use of target keywords is an effective way to drive traffic to your website. There are various ways you can use SEO to drive and increase traffic
- Research new Keywords: To conduct keyword research, you need to develop a keyword strategy in which you have several keywords that are relevant to your topic, product, service, company, etc. Some people make the mistake of finding a keyword that has a high ranking and using that keyword alone. That approach will not help you achieve what you want.
After conducting the keyword research and finding the keyword that is relevant to your topic, you can expand on the keywords if you find that they are too narrow. However, if you have to do that, do not forget to consider the search intent behind those keywords. The goal is to cater to the search intent of the people who use these keywords.
- Use Long-tail Keywords: Part of the tricks of using keywords is knowing the right way to use them. Therefore, it is better not to use the most popular and used keywords in your field. Some words are top-level and therefore, highly competitive. The implication if using such words is that it would be difficult for your website to rank for it. This is where ‘long-tail keywords’ come in. Long-tail keywords are a longer version of the popular parent keyword. These long-tail keywords cater to the search intent and are not as widely used as the popular ones. Therefore, you have a better chance because you are not dealing with as many competitions.
- Optimize backlinks: Backlinks are the links that direct visitors to your site. Google uses backlink profiles as a ranking factor. When you optimize backlinks, search engines interpret to mean that your website is gaining recognition in the field and that builds credibility because it adds value to the outside website/user. So, how do you create backlinks? There are various ways to backlink; one of which is ‘Guest Posting’. Guest posting is one of the most effective ways of boosting your backlinks. Guest posting does a lot more than get you backlinks, it also strengthens your backlink profile and drives traffic to your website. With guest posting, you need to be proactive by reaching out to other sites in your field. By doing this, you are gaining recognition from potential readers and site visitors in your target audience.
- Create engaging and relevant content: A lot of people tend to share relevant articles within their content. These content are often well-written, engaging, balanced, and insightful. The content that will win this has to provide value. Valuable content cannot be overemphasized.
- Write regularly: You need to keep your website relevant always. Therefore, you need to write and post content on your blog. Your website should have a blog because it gives you the perfect avenue to create and post content. To increase traffic, you do not just write once and go to rest. You must be consistent with your articles. However, do not sacrifice quality for quantity. Even though you are to write consistently, your content should always be engaging, insightful, and relevant to your field. As earlier stated, creating valuable content cannot be overemphasized.
- One other thing to bear in mind when posting your content is engagement and content upgrade. When you upgrade, you increase the chance of boosting a page that is not doing so well. Search engines like updated and fresh content. Therefore, fresh content increases your ranking chances.
We have discussed various ways to increase traffic on your website and these methods do not require you to pay any fee.